The papers of The Writers Club, Inc. reflect the more than twenty-five year history of an organization of Washington, D.C. African American literati. Founded by a small group of five local writers, the club dedicated itself to "stimulating more creative writing among those who have had their writings accepted by periodicals or publishers of note." The collection was donated by J. Leon Langhorne in 1971. It is approximately 2.5 linear feet, and spans the years of 1941 to 1966.
Staff, MSRC, "The Writers Club, Inc." (2015). Manuscript Division. 220.